Thursday, June 16, 2011

Take Me To the Beach - Part III

I know I may be going WAY overboard on the photos (strike that, I KNOW I'm going way overboard), but I can't help it! I love sharing some photos from each day we were at the OBX! I  got to capture so many fun moments and I can't help but share them!!

This post begins with Tuesday evening and Clark attempting to grill grilling hamburgers and hotdogs for dinner. The grill was very slow (and Clark was rather impatient - bad combination) so the 20 minute grilling process ended up taking about an hour. We made good use of the wait though, and Clark's end products turned out to be quite tasty! 


Shucking corn.... Dave was quite thrilled? Excited? Or maybe about to sneeze?








These two were soaking up the camera...



Pretty Tor Tor :)




Ben, I've heard of tree hugging.... but column hugging?




Pals :)



The grill master...



I went inside for a bit to check on things in the kitchen and found David sitting watching Arrested Development (because of his back injury, he did A LOT of sitting and watching things on Netflix during our time at the beach). These different hand signals were all I could get out of him...





Some photos from my view on the 2nd floor deck....







As we were still waiting on dinner to cook itself, I decided to play around a bit with Mom and Dad's rings. I ended up really liking some of the shots!











Favorite :)



Right after taking these ring shots, I glanced outside and saw Mom & Dad...
SO PRECIOUS! ;)


Moving on to Wednesday morning. The guys decided to move their rough football play from the beach to the pool....











Anna, enjoying the view from her perch...













Onto the beach, Wednesday afternoon!


Abby Babby, building a sand castle...


Jed and Mr. Shirey, friends from church who were staying about 10 minutes down the beach from us...


Abs pauses her work so I can snap a smile :)

 

Love this picture Tori took of me and Davy!!


Abby continues her work under the shade of a hat...
  


The finished product!


Dave gets his tan on....


Abby.... so beautiful! And man is she growing up fast...





Mols and Tor.... Love em :)



The guys decide to play some football...




Ben ran into Abby's creation accidentally, but made sure to stop and fix it :)







The neglected soccer ball...




NOW I know where Anna learned this face....






And back to the football players... love these catching shots (or attempts at catching)...





STUDS.



The Sovereign Grace boys...


And Clark w/ his buddies who were staying with us for the week...





Then they get the brilliant plan to pick up Dave...



Success!




Finished the day with a trip to "I Scream Ice Cream" in Duck, Outer Banks :)
It was quite the fun, full carride... These two are such buddies...





Mr. HandsomeAntiSocial...


Haha, love this...




Since we had such a large order, there was a lot of waiting before we got our ice cream and milkshakes. I think we kept ourselves pretty well entertained...



Such a cutie :)






Haha, apparently Chris really enjoyed his mint chocolate chip ice cream...



Daddy-o is happy with his mocha shake...




Beauties :)


Still waiting...



Dave in his element...



I love you, Mol! Thanks to Tori for getting these photos...





And their shake is finally ready!



Last photo of this post and of that day at the beach is of little Abs, sipping on her delicious shake. Yum!

1 comment:

  1. What fun! :) from a classic game of beach football (moved to the pool, of course) to castles in the sand, to a shared milkshake . . . what absolute and complete fun! and the candids, sitting in a rocker, building on a beach . . . and my favorite, "headlocked" the b&w one of your folks, such a tender moment ~ and I agree, you did well laying out their rings in a variety of poses ~ Debster, once again, I feel as if I was a participant in these jocular activities. Thanks for inviting me in ~ YALJAYA

    ReplyDelete