Thursday, April 7, 2011

Giving this blog thing a shot...

Thanks to a ton of pushing and cajoling from my roommates and friends, I've decided to try out this thing called 'blogging.' I love to write and also am ridiculously in love with photography, so why not give it a try?

The reason I named this "More Than A Photo" is because while I plan to mainly use this blog for showing my photography work, photos to me are so much more than the images that show up on my camera's LCD screen. What makes a photograph so powerful is the beauty being captured in front of the camera. I find beauty in so much of the world around me -- especially in God's amazing creation of human beings. I see beauty most vibrantly in people. I will never cease to be amazed at how different, how unique, how emotion-filled, and how special each and every one of us is. It is for those reasons that I find so much beauty and receive such a thrill from photographing people. It's so much more than just a photo. It's capturing God's beauty and getting to show off His beauty through His creation.

So! Thanks for stopping by and reading this. I hope you come back soon and help me along as I start on my blogging journey! :)

4 comments:

  1. cant wait to read and look at all your photos! :) I love ya pretty lady

    my blog is http://agirltwin.blogspot.com

    check it out =) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. hm...sounds like a cheesy idea but I guess I'll condescend to looking at your pictures... jk. I look forward to seeing your work :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. COME ON GIRL, LETS PUT UP SOME PICS! WOOO!

    ReplyDelete
  4. aunty finds, "more than a photo" to a be a container for joy . . . i double-dog-dare anyone to open up this blog and not find themselves with a smile plastered across their face . . . for the duration . . . well-done debster :)

    ReplyDelete