Sunday, April 10, 2011

Mike Mulligan and more

I love being an English Lit major. Seriously, LOVE IT. I mean, who honestly would rather spend their time dealing with matrices or studying Freud when you can read Gulliver's Travels, The Cat In The Hat, The Great Gatsby, Mike Mulligan and His Steam Shovel, and Hamlet and get credit for it?!? It really doesn't get much better than that. In fact, after I finish this post, I'm climbing into bed and reading Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone for my Child Lit class. Yeah, I know you're jealous.



And you know what else I love? These guys...

These are my six amazing siblings. This was taken the last time we were all together, this past Christmas (2010). Gahh, do I love and miss my family so much!  David, Molly, Clark, Tori, Abby, & Anna: I can't wait until school ends in 3 weeks and I'll be home with (most of) you for the summer. I love you guys and can't wait to see you!

To close, I would like to give a shout out to my Momma. If it wasn't for her homeschooling me for 12 years and forcing encouraging me to read so much, I never would have the appreciation for literature in college that I do. Mom, thanks for the hours we all spent together when we were little reading The Bronze Bow, The Adventures of Tom Sawyer, Carry On Mr. Bowditch!, Island of the Blue Dolphins, and more. I owe it all to you.

1 comment: