Thursday, May 19, 2011

CNU Graduation - Part I

This past weekend, May 12-16, I went back to CNU for graduation weekend. The graduation itself was on Sunday morning, but a lot of us came back to Newport News before then to hangout and relax prior to graduation, which in my mind is the event that officially marks the end of the school year and the beginning of summer. I had such a fun, sweeeet time getting to chill with friends and be at school without having any schoolwork to worry about! Haha. 

This graduation weekend had a bittersweet taste, however. It was full of lasts. The few CNU campus houses on Prince Drew and Merritt Road have been homes to Christians in the CNU community for years. As my previous posts have shown, I got to live at 8 Merritt this past year (with three wonderful, beautiful, amazing WOGs, I might add). The Merritt and Prince Drew houses have been so instrumental in building the Christian community at CNU, so you can imagine our sadness when the university informed us that all CNU houses would be torn down at the end of the 2010-2011 school year. However, this deadline didn't tear US down (haha, cheesy much??), and we lived up the year! Dance parties, Bible studies, birthday celebrations, late night hangouts, prayer and worship nights, cookouts, backyard kickball and soccer, prank wars.... So many amazing memories. 

So... This first post is of the last cookout in Merritt. It was held in 5 Merritt's yard, and was a GREAT time of hanging out, playing cornhole, eating burgers and hot dogs, and honoring the graduates. Having the rain hold off til well after we cleaned up was the icing on the cake!




GAH! Can never get enough of these two...


Tuck-Tuck-Tuckyyyy!


Two of my closest girlfriends.... LOVE them so much!


Graduate Andrew and his sister Laura... Loved seeing them interact all weekend -- they love eachother so much :)



Graduating studs Sean and Brendan, showing us how cornhole is done...


Will Quinn, our skilled Grill Master...





Photographer and frieeeend Nate in his element...



Haha, this next sequence of friends Abby and Blaine was SO funny to capture...




Oh yeah, I see that tat, Randazzo...



LOVE this pic of me, Abs, & Rach! (Photocredit: ??)




Heart this couple to the max!!



Love :)


Haha, this makes me smile!


BEAUTIES!! Graduates Anne Taylor and Mary Margaret :) Mmm love em


THIS GIRL. Oh my gosh. Julia. I didn't really know her super well before graduation weekend, but we got to hang out a good bit and I love her and think she's SO gorgeous and funny and an amazing photographer and I'm so sad she's studying abroad next semester!!
(Photocredit: Rachel Hrovat)




Semi-newly engaged couple, Josh & Mandy :) Can never get enough of them...



Hahah, Nate and Mary.... so funnnayy ;)








Nikki! Love the face...


Soo... watch Tucker this next sequence of photos. I was just trying to capture the life of the backyard and Tucker adds some humor to the sequence...








Shaun, Katie, Emily.... love this photo of ya'll :)


Haha, Randazzo :)





The faces in this photo and the next make me laugh...









Curtissss....


Mandy and Mary, this is one of my favorite photos from the whole picnic!!


Time to honor the graduates....


Shaun, Mandy, Josh, Andrew, Sean, Anne Taylor, and Mary Margaret were the present graduates at the picnic. I already miss them all!























Sean, I LOVE this picture :)




The graduates of 5 Merritt, and my amazing neighbors...



I'm really gonna miss you all next year. Thanks for being such leaders and true MOGs! 


You ALL will be greatly missed! Thanks for your influence to my life and to our community!!





To end this post, here are some photos of my darlings Katie G and Rachel H, who were playing around during the cookout.... Love em to death :)




Run, Rachel, run!









Part II of Graduation weekend coming soon!

1 comment:

  1. This is great debs! Glad you put this together! Looking forward to the next one! :)))

    ReplyDelete