Thursday, July 21, 2011

People I Love: Charis Okada

Girlfriends are the best. 
Seriously. 
Not that I don't love guys. Guys are great -- especially when it comes to opening doors, protecting against... everything, purchasing diamond rings, and the like. ;) But girlfriends are irreplaceable. Especially those girls who you know will be lifelong friends. Ya know... those girls who seem to know you better than you know yourself, who are the first people you tell new news to, who aren't afraid to be their complete selves around you, who tell you when you're being a complete IDIOT, and who shamelessly dance in the car with you at 3am to "Baby" by Justin Bieber.
Well, Charis Okada is one of those girlfriends. 
I've known her for about 7 years (though I knew who she was long before that, since we've attended the same church all our lives), and since the beginning of our friendship, we've been close. 
There's so much I love about Charis. I love her humor. I love her gorgeous hair and beautiful smile. I love her style. I love how crazy she is. I love how calm she is. I love how perfectly she reads me. But most importantly, I love that she loves Jesus Christ. I love that her love for Christ is greater than her love for me. I love the Christ-like way she cares for me.

Charis, I could go on and on. But for some reason, I feel that brief fits you best. (You've never been the novel-length writer like Liane and I. ;)) I love you so much, and want the world to know!
Thanks for letting me snap some photos of you the other day. You are a perfect model. 
All my love,
Deb Deb



Isn't she stunning?





I absolutely LOVE her laugh...



Had to throw in this "tender" image of Char feeding the goat... Haha, this was such a wonderful moment, was it not, Charis? ;)


LOVE.



GAHHH! MODEL ALERTTT...




I love you, Charis!

No comments:

Post a Comment