Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Things I Love: Being A Big Sister

This has been one of those weeks that has been so busy that today when I got home from work, I did a double take on my calendar, not believing it was only Wednesday. It feels like it should be Saturday already! Not that I don't enjoy nannying or hanging out with friends in the evenings like I have been this week, but the days just seem to be constantly goinggoinggoing,  and tonight I needed a break. 

I've hardly seen my little sisters, Tori, Abby, and Anna, at all during the past few days (as they ceaselessly have been reminding me ;)), and I really just wanted to spend time with them tonight. So, after eating a quick dinner together (the rest of our family was out and about doing a million different things), I asked them what they wanted to do with our evening/night. Their immediate response? Go to the pool. (No matter that Abby and Anna had been in the water earlier that day for swim practice... they were adamant that SWIMMING was how they wanted to spend our date night. And Tori, though not on the swim team, was perfectly happy with Ab and An's proposition.) So off to the pool we went!








After 2 hours of swimming (staying until the pool closed) we headed home. 

But what's a summer night date with Debbie without ice cream? Yep.... on the drive home, I took a spontaneous detour and surprised the girls by taking them to Milwaukee Frozen Custard. It was a wonderful way to top off our date night! 









Spending this night with my little sisters reminded me how much I love being a big sister. Getting to bless them with trips to the pool and ice cream treats brings me so much joy! I remember dreaming about the days I would be able to drive (it was a magical, distant word) and take them places and spend money on them.... and now those days are here and I'm amazed at how time has flown. I want to soak up nights like tonight, never letting these memories get away from me! Even with this summer slipping quickly away, I've promised myself I'm going to make as many memories with Tori, Abby, and Anna as I can before heading back to CNU in mid-August. 

Thanks for letting me be your big sister, girlies! I love you Tor Tor, Abs, & Anna Banana!

1 comment:

  1. The gift of time ~ this is what you give to your siblings who so obviously (what's not to?) love and thrill to being with you. Anna & Tori look so fierce! (lol) And Abs must truly join Anna in loving the water, since this was a repeat trip for them ~ joy. Your photos just keep getting better and better! Kudos! & Kudos again! p.s. what's the reading book (like the perspective of this photo)? p.s. 2 ummm . . . where's my sprinkles? :)

    ReplyDelete