Sunday, June 12, 2011

Class of 2011

Sovereign Grace Church Home School Graduation 2011! Such a fun day. On Saturday, June 4th, my brother Clark and about 23 other home schoolers graduated together in an official High School ceremony held at our church, Sovereign Grace Church in Fairfax, VA. There's quite a large home schooling community at our church, so for the past several years, we've held a home school, High School graduation ceremony. It's a really fun day, full of slideshows and speakers, and a nice memory for all the graduates and their families (I still remember falling off our church's stage back in 2009 when I graduated....yep, such a good memory!). 

Since my brother Clark was one of the graduates this year, I took a SLEW of pictures. I also had a few of my best friends graduating (Krystin Thorson, Abbie Lewis, & Natalie Hinders), so the number of photographs in this post is extraEXTRA large. Hope ya'll don't mind!! And I know it's been a week now since you all graduated, but congrats home school class of 2011!!

This first photo is of Clark (in the middle) and two of his good friends and fellow graduates, Joel & David. All the graduates had to gather in the church's nursery prior to the ceremony.



Krystin :) Love her!


Abs!! You are too wonderful for words.





Their hands were shaking because they were so nervous! Haha 


Krys, Nat, and Abs.... LOVE MY DARLING GIRLS :):):)


Clarky getting a good look at his graduate attire...




All the ladies! Aren't they beauties??




Da boyz... 
(minus one or two)



My cousin, Parker Dean, perusing the program...


Cousins Katie & Libbie Dean with our Abs...


Parker and Maggie Dean...


The graduates line up for the processional! Guess Natalie's excited...? Not sure.....








My other dear friend, Rachel :):)


Haha, Dave.......


Krys! So excited :)








Vince Hinders, the pastor who oversees the home education program within our church, is the Dad of Natalie Hinders (my darling friend) and he was also the EMCEE of the graduation...




We sang a worship song to begin the ceremony... Great way to start, praising the God who faithfully brought each of the graduates to that day!






My parents :) Yeah... I am a creeper....


My cousins (creeper shot again)... :)


Graduate speakers, David and Joel....







Each year, all the mothers of the graduates are honored at the graduation, and given a rose or some kind of flower as a small gift of appreciation for all their hard work throughout each graduate's home schooling days...



I know it's blurry, but here's Mom and Clark....



John Peiffer, a father of Mark Peiffer (one of the graduates) reads a letter to the grads, on behalf of all the parents...



Mark Mullery (the senior pastor of our church) was the commencement speaker for the graduation...



Time to receive their diplomas!







Woohoo! Clark Kenyon Dean!





Natalie!!





Abbie!!




Rachel!!






Mark (one of Clark's good buddies)!!


Dave!!



My darlings and fellow alumni, Liane & Charis Okada, applaud as the graduates get their diplomas...


Mr. & Mrs. Thorson, Krystin's parents...


Krys!!!!




All the grads and their parents!
(I apologize that my angle isn't the best! I wasn't an official photographer for this ceremony, so I was limited on where I could locate myself to take pictures.)






Whoop whoop! YOU DID IT!








On to the reception!!
Clark and our good buddy Chris...



Anna and Tori.... Can't you see how thrilled Anna is that her brother graduated? (To be fair, she was up at 6am that morning for swim team time trials.)




 



  
Natalie and alumni Rachel... my wonderful friends and happyhappy girls!


Me'n Krys! I've waited SO long for her to be out of High School ;)


Krystin's poor sunburn... 


Krystin and Mary :)



Bonnie Hinders, Natalie's dear Momma... LOVE HER!


Papa :)


Granny & Anna :)


Mags and Libs, darling Dean cousins...


Mol with Mags & Katie...


More Dean family....



Katie... you're gorgeous.


Clark and some buds...




Chris :):):)



Clark and Joshy... Awwww!



Charis, Krystin, and Mary.... Love these girls more than I think anyone will ever know!




Haha, love this next sequence...






I love you KRYSTIN HOPE THORSON!!!



Krys and her amazing grandparents....




This girl... let's just say I'd marry her if i could!



Clark and some of his Dean family supporters!


Typical Clark.... ;)


Aunt Barbara :) SO BEAUTIFUL...


I love you Aunt Mischelle!


Chris and Krys snag a hug...



Cake cutting!





Krys and Nat shared a cake, since there were 23 graduates and not enough room for them each to have their own cake. Their cake was wonderfully positioned right next to Clark's. :)









Charis :):):)



Abby and some of her friends....


Davey enjoys some cake...


Dad talking to our good family friend, Michael Garnier...


Love these girls! So proud of you, NatNat & Rachel!


Chris & Drew (on the outsides) both graduated with me in 2009. They were there to show their support for Mark, Krys, and Abbie on their fun day...


Lovelovelove them...




Haha, classic...


I close this [supercrazylong] post with some family photos of the Deans. It was a wonderful day and we're so proud of Clark!









The amazing couple that makes our graduations from High School possible.... I love you, Mom & Dad!





1 comment:

  1. These photos are awesome and so SWEEEET!!!!

    ReplyDelete