Tuesday, June 7, 2011

NEXT 2011 Conference - Part III

A week after the fact, I am posting the third and final installment of my NEXT photos. I apologize if I've gone way overboard in the amount of images I've shared from those 4 days in Orlando, but I can't help it! I LOVE documenting events like this, especially when there's so many people around to photograph!! :)

These pictures are from Tuesday after the last session ended. Molly, Clark, and my flight didn't leave until Tuesday night, so we had all afternoon to chill and relax in the hotel until our taxi came at 6pm. While the hotel felt kinda lonely because so many people booked it and left right after the session ended, we definitely enjoyed having so many chairs to choose from to lounge in at the pool. ;) We also got to have a nice, long lunch with friends before we all headed our separate ways, which was probably the highlight of that Tuesday, for me. :)

As a whole, the conference was incredible. While it was definitely different in its subject matter (Worldview and Apologetics, as opposed to previous years when the main focus would be something like knowing the Person of Jesus Christ more) God still met me and convicted me in several ways. One way in particular relates to me wanting others to believe the Truth as I portray it and as I say it's right. Throughout the messages of the conference, however, God convicted me and made me realize that the gospel I want others to believe is not MY gospel, but it's the gospel of Jesus Christ, found only in the Word of God. I realized that I need to be (and want to be) pointing others to the Bible and to the Truth of Christ found in God's Word, and believing in Him because God says He is the Way, the Truth, and the Life -- not because I think I'm right and therefore I must be right. So that was one big thing that God taught me at NEXT (and it's really encouraged me to get into the Word more! if you're a Christian reading this, I'd encourage you to do the same! solidify what you believe by continually going to Scripture and seeking out Christ & this gospel you say you believe... then share this Truth with others -- pointing them to Scripture and what God says in His Word!).

I will gladly talk to any and all of you who want to hear more about how God met me at NEXT. For now though, I'll leave you with a plethora of pictures to (hopefully!) enjoy. :) 

Molly and Danny, walking to lunch...


So happy, Chris! :)




The supermarket across the street (it's like a Harris Teeter) that we bought food from throughout the trip...


Is it sad that the first thing I noticed on this sign was "NO BEBER" because I thought it said "NO BIEBER" (aka Justin Bieber).... Yeahh....


Clark ever-so-patiently waiting for me to stop snapping photos and to catch up to the group...


Clark and Chris take a moment for a little man hug/swing... (No homo!)



Fave :)




Lunch at NYCPD Pizza...






(This next photo: credit to Natalie Hinders)



Oh hey beautiful eyes...









Clark messing with Danny's water while he's in the bathroom...


This guy was SO cool. I actually went up to him and asked if I could take some shots of him at work - and he let me! :)






Yummm...




Hanging outside after lunch...





(Photocredit: NatNat)
LOOOOVE THIS ONE!!


(PC: Nat)


My brother has such a charming smile...


Dessert!









Looove the face, Chris...!


LOVE this face too :D




Whoop whoop! Look at that sky!





The Resort!



PC: Chris Jones (the next 4 photos)







PC: NatNat Hinders (the next several are taken by Natalie... Mol & i wanted some in front of the hotel)










Naaaaat :D:D:D



THE END!
(P.S. If you're wondering what Molly's "get-rock-hard-abs-by-wearing-this-vibrating-stomach-brace" thing is, I'll tell you. She had back surgery to remove a hernia on a disc in her lower back about 3 weeks before the conference, and so she was required to wear a back brace (nothing to do with toning abs, sorry) over her outfit whenever she was doing anything except sleeping. She often passed it off as looking like a new fashion statement, to which I say Bravo, Mol ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment