Saturday, June 4, 2011

For My Little Brother

Dear Clarky,

Hey little brother. 


Well, I guess you're not really "little" any longer. Your 6'1" height makes the "little brother" sentence pretty much false. As well as your 18 years of age, your recent status as a George Mason University student, and your job at Starbucks....


Yep, definitely not a little kid no more. ;)

Today you graduated from High School. And I am so proud of you! Twelve years of schooling, done. It's a huge accomplishment!


God has been so faithful, and I know He will continue to be as you move on to college and beyond. Remember to trust in Him for ALL things, for He alone is the all-knowing Designer of your life.

I leave you with Psalm 139:2-6 as an encouragement and a praise to the omniscient God we serve. He loves you and cares for you beyond anything you can imagine! Press into Him and trust in His faithfulness.

"You know when I sit down and when I rise up;
you discern my thoughts from afar.
You search out my path and my lying down
and are acquainted with all my ways.
Even before a word is on my tongue,
behold, O LORD, you know it altogether.
You hem me in, behind and before,
and lay your hand upon me.
Such knowledge is too wonderful for me;
it is high; I cannot attain it."

Congrats, Clarky! I love you! (And no matter how tall or old or professional you become... you'll always be my little brother. ;))

In closing... Family photo from today:


... aaaand the same gazebo, 5 years ago at the first Dean kid's High School graduation (David's)! Funny, huh? :)

3 comments: