Wednesday, August 3, 2011

"You Made the Blog!" Va Beach Getaway - Part I

((Opening note: Spencer, I'm sorry but you're not much in this Part I. Your time to shine will be in the following part(s) I post from the weekend. Ok? Okay.)) 

We knew we needed a vacation. Sure, we were technically on "summer vacation," but with each of our jobs and busy families and other weekly commitments, the craziness of summer "break" was starting to overwhelm each of us. We needed to get away, together, and just RELAX. So, we penciled in (then permanent-markered in) a weekend we were all free, contacted my friends who lived in the location we hoped to getaway to (Va Beach), and then let the planning begin.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Last Friday evening, three of my very best friends - Liane, Charis, & Krystin - and I, left Northern Virginia for a weekend vacation in Virginia Beach. My wonderful friends the Guizards had kindly offered to host us 4 crazy girls from Friday to Monday so that we could get away from the hustle and bustle of life at home in NoVa for a few days. Not only was this weekend exactly what Liane, Charis, Krystin, & I needed in terms of rest & relaxation, but it also proved to be a very fun, encouraging, wonderful time with the Guizard family (more on them and their hospitality later!). 

Needless to say, I did take around, heh heh, 750 photos during the 4 days we were there. Obviously I won't post all 750 on here, but I AM going to do more than one blog post of the trip. And while the quality of some of these photos is more what I would consider "Facebook style," I promised my friend Spencer Guizard as well as Liane, Charis, & Krystin that the photos I took would make it onto the blog. (A running joke throughout the weekend whenever I was snapping photos was, "You just made the blog!" or "It's for the BLOG!") Another quick note.... I'm in more photos here than I usually like to have in my blog posts, and since obviously I wasn't the one taking every picture, I can't remember exactly who gets photocredit for the shots I didn't take. Sorry! (But 80% of the time, I was the one with the camera. :))

 Ok, ok, enough talking. Enjoy Part One! :)



Spencer, Krystin, Charis, & me!



My dear friend Bethany joined us on Saturday for an afternoon at the beach!



My friend Jessica came us as well!
(Sad you had to leave early, Jessica!)





I love feet (yeah, I'm weird), and I especially love Krystin's little feet....







 


Sleeping Beauty gets made fun of.... ;)


Love em so much!


She's so beautiful!



All the girls! 
(Minus Jessica :( I wish I had thought to take the group shots earlier, Jess! Sorry!)




Spence, leaving to go back and get ready for work (the Guizard's house is 2 blocks from the beach!)...


I love you, Bethany!



Krys :):):)



Li and KK :)


MODEL Charis...






FAVORITE!





Getting ready to go out to dinner on the Va Beach boardwalk...







Playing with the Guizard's dogs (Moose and Fenway) before going out....




STORY:
Fenway ran off with Krystin's bear, Ted.
Krys didn't realize it at first.
When she realized it, she got worried and ran after him but couldn't stop laughing the whole time. 
It was hilarious


Putting Ted up high and out of Fenway's temptation...


Charis (like the rest of us) couldn't stop laughing...


Innocent Fenway...



Dinner on the boardwalk! We put our name in at a restaurant and then I took pictures of Li, Char, and Krys while we waited for a table to open up.....




Gorgeous girls.... :):):)










Gahhh love em!!!








Ohhh the faces...




LOVELOVELOVE...











Practicing a few model shots...






Look for Part Two coming soon! ;)

3 comments:

  1. Aw I love it! So glad I "Made the blog." Had so much fun visiting with you and wish I could have spent more time with you gals. Love Bethany

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't made you blog yet :( This makes me so excited to come and visit this semester! My last class gets out at 12:30 on Fridays :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. the word, “model” entered my mind before I found it in your words ~ your photos reminded me of flipping thru catalogs of professionally staged models (however, your “staging” seems so much more authentic, way cool!) ~ but what captured my eye (and heart) more was the getting to know your friends ~ I’ve never met them, and yet, and yet, I feel like your photos took me way beyond, “how-do-you-dos” ~ thrilled you are surrounded by ones such as these ~ character, photos full of their character (and yours, a “man” is known by the company he keeps) ~ ant xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete