Friday, August 5, 2011

"You Made the Blog!" Va Beach Getaway - Part II

There's something you should know about the four of us. Me, Liane, Charis, and Krystin, that is. You should know that we love donuts. And not just a little bit "love"..... we're kind of crazy about them. Obsessed, maybe? Yeah. Aaand we're not ashamed of our obsession. We embrace it! Krystin and Charis especially are head-over-heels for donuts - namely, Krispy Kreme donuts. They have track-records of devouring a whole dozen glazed Krispy Kremes in one night with hardly any help from me and Liane. (Charis especially will go to great lengths to sneak into the box behind our backs.... Just ask her!)

 That's why in this second (and final) post about our Va Beach getaway, you'll see pictures from TWO donut trips. One to Harris Teeter late at night for a dozen glazed Krispy Kremes, and another to an actual Krispy Kreme shop (store? restaurant? factory? not sure what you call it...) for hot, fresh donuts. Call us crazy? Maybe. But just look at the joy on those two faces...
It doesn't get better than that. ;)





Comparing boxes...



Inspecting the box to make sure it's the perfect dozen inside...


Liane tries to encourage "Guilt Free Treats".... Yet the donuts still win.




Paying...


Back at the Guizard's house, hanging out the next afternoon...




Quick story-time:
I've taken yoga and hot yoga since being in college, and Krystin & Charis have lately considered taking up yoga at George Mason (GMU). They asked me to give them a short introductory lesson, and these are the photos that I snapped as they attempted to follow my instructions in the Guizard's kitchen...
(It. Was. So. Funny. We couldn't stop laughing!! They were a riot.)











Charis took these of me demonstrating and instructing...















After yoga, we set to work making dinner for the Guizards (and us). "We" (not including me....I hardly did anything but stir, distract, and snap photos) made chicken enchiladas, rice, and salad. It was so much fun! :) 
Liane was our "Mother Chef"...



Let me introduce you to this amazing instrument. It's a can opener, but it's unlike any can opener I've ever used or seen in my life. You see, it doesn't have a sharp knife-thingy that cuts into the can and removes the top by carving around the edges. Oh no no no! This can opener is gentle and safe, magically removing the top of the can in a way that leaves NO sharp, dangerous edge! It's seriously incredible, and I know my explanation does it NO justice. Go look it up, and BUY ONE!! You won't be disappointed.


Chips and salsa, our appetizer...






All out of the oven and ready to go!


YUM!!



The hard-working, beautiful cooks!


Spencer, enjoying our meal after work that night....



Hanging out... snapping the faces around the table...



LOVE this shot Charis grabbed...



The next morning (the last day of our vacation) we got up and went to Krispy Kreme for fresh donuts! I was SO SO excited when we finally got there....




Woohoo!









Spencer did a great job getting these next few shots...
(....until he just kept snapping and got annoying..... juuuust like I'm constantly doing to everyone. ohh wellll... :P)





Back home at the Guizard's! I was sososososooo eager to get that box open.... Charis took over photography to get these pictures of me... 



FInally got it open! 
(Haha, embarrassing...but I promised them I'd post this one)


Then I took back my camera and made them wait to eat so I could get a few, quick photos of our treasured treats...



Hanging out, playing Sequence....




I love Mrs. Guizard! Isn't she so beautiful???




A few shots of darling Spence....




"Hi, I'm Debbie and I love to drive Spencer crazy!"



LOVELOVELOVE :)


Charis and Krystin wanted a few photos of them & their bestfriends, Fenway & Moose...







I LOVE HER!!


We seriously felt like adopted daughters. :) We love you, Christine!!




And this brings our weekend getaway to Va Beach to a close! It was such an amazing time of fellowship for us 4 girls... so relaxing, so much fun, so wonderful to spend time with eachother and the Guizards. And man do we love Mr. and Mrs. Guizard (and Spencer ;))! They are seriously one of the most hospitable couples I know! 1 Peter 4:8-10 says, "Above all, keep loving one another earnestly, since love covers a multitude of sins. Show hospitality to one another without grumbling. As each has received a gift, use it to serve one another, as good stewards of God's varied grace." Mr. and Mrs. Guizard LIVE these verses! Their love for Jesus Christ and for each other is so evident in their words and actions, and I've loved getting to know them these past 2 years and see their gifts used to serve others. Whether it's at church or in their own home, they constantly lay down their lives to make much of others instead of themselves. I hope that one day I can love and serve like they do! I have so much respect for you two and I love you both very much! Thanks for making our weekend so wonderful!!!

Spence... You're great :) It was fun getting to hangout. Thanks for not killing us 4 ridiculous girls. ;)

Liane, Charis, Krystin.... what can I say? It was exactly what we needed. I am so blessed to have you each in my life. Love you tons. :)

1 comment:

  1. I am struck by the camaraderie I witness in these photos ~ wonderful reflections of how you all just, "keep loving one another earnestly." ~ I smiled huge at the photo of your yoga instruction: joy seems always ready to sprout up on your face :) and, once again, I'm struck by your propensity to capture food in such colorful & vivid ways: felt like I could reach in for that delicious red pepper! Well Done Debbie, well done!

    ReplyDelete